Dev Ops Engineer
Squire Solutions Recruitment Pty Lt on June 12, 2018
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Contract Type: Permanent
Cape Town, Western Cape,South Africa
Salary: R25 000 per month
Our client is a growing Cape Town based South African Software House developing Enterprise (nTier) Application Software, is looking for Dev Ops Engineer responsible for providing high-quality technical support. The Dev Ops Engineer troubleshoots and develops technical solutions related to software; creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
• Object Orientated Languages required
• C#, Java, SQL, Bash, ASP.NET, PERL
• Python experience beneficial
• Exposure to programming and scripting
• Knowledge of Debugging software
• DB Visualizer experience
• Visual Studio experience.
• Minimum requirement is Matric with a minimum of 3 year’s solid work related C#/Java/etc. development experience in the workplace (tertiary exposure excluded). Remuneration package will be tailored according to relevant technical experience.
• Programming certification required
• Microsoft Windows Desktop experience required
• Ideally an IT Diploma or related Degree will be an advantage but is not essential.
• Good Object Orientation experience is a must.
• Experience working in an Agile development environment preferred but not essential.
• Ability to communicate well across all business units
• Organised, thorough and has great attention to detail
• High level of analytical thinking to solve problems
• Effective oral, electronic and written communication within all levels of the organisation
• Ability to multi-task and can handle frequent interruptions
• Can consistently follow protocol and instructions
• Can work independently
• Able to work within a highly pressurised environment
• Team Player
• Document processes, procedures and results.
• Passionate, optimistic and has internal inspiration to get things done.
• Provide external and internal support on software queries
• Maintain software components and ensure reliable deployment of new features
• Setup and deploy database releases to QA, UAT and live environments
• Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
• Taking ownership of software issues, and working with our Development Teams to resolve more advanced issues when necessary
• Documenting, troubleshooting and problem resolution steps independently
• Responsible for collaborating with a variety of individuals and teams at all levels within the organization
• Perform advanced root cause analysis on bugs and databases
• Configure and maintain in house scripting
• Automate and implement processes