Principle Software Engineer (senior role)
IT Jobs in South Africa on January 21, 2019
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Contract Type: Contract
Cape Town, South Africa
Looking for Principle Software Engineer (senior role), based in Cape Town, South Africa
• For a financial institution in Cape Town city centre
• Core Skills: C#, ASP.NET MVC, AngularJS, RxJS, Unit Testing, SOA, Agile Methodologies, Distributed Source control, Design patterns, SOLID principles, Clean code, ORM (NHibernate/EF), Continuous Integration, SQL Server, NoSQL, XUnit, Moq, MSMQ/RabbitMQ
• Complimentary Skills: Enterprise architectural principles, Distributed architecture patterns, Terraform, Ansible, AWS
• Responsible & accountable for the design and architecture of the system. Working closely with Team Leads, Product Owners and the Solutions Architect, the principle engineer will enable his/her team deliver features & improvements to a distributed system.
• Improve on your software craftmanship, producing architecture & designs that result in a stable, secure & scalable platform.
• An ideal candidate would have 7+ years’ experience and should have strong computer science principles and preferably worked with distributed architecture.
• The candidate should be able to work under pressure & against tight deadlines, with a pragmatic approach incorporating intelligent design decisions.
• Code: the client is centred around the Microsoft stack, however NodeJS is an area we are exploring.
• The client builds micro services using .NET Core, RabbitMQ and push this out using a continuous deployment stream that involves Jenkins, Octopus and Fake scripts. The front end is AngularJS, utilising Gulp, RxJS and Redis.
• This client is big on testing, unit testing, integration testing and end to end automation testing.
• The client uses XUnit, Protractor, Jasmine & have an end to end automation framework written in F#