Financial Management Opportunity (Finance Graduate Trainee Program)
IT Jobs in South Africa on February 07, 2020
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Finance
Contract Type: Permanent
Our client is a Gaborone based family owned holding company with interests in a number of industries operating across Southern Africa and employing in excess of 3 500 employees.
An opportunity has arisen for an astute up and coming financial minded professional to grow and develop to a senior financial management position within the organisation as per his/her identified career path.
Whilst the position is based in Gaborone some travel to subsidiary companies in Southern Africa may be required.
Duties & Responsibilities
• The successful candidates will undergo a 2-year finance trainee programme, with a view to be absorbed into the business upon successful completion of the programme and;
• Will be exposed to a number of different trading divisions within the group, including property management, retail, tourism & hospitality, building manufacturing supply and financial services.
• Will be exposed to all group and company specific roles normally associated with a senior financial role including financial and regulatory reporting, tax compliance, technical accounting, audit, treasury, corporate governance and specific finance projects.
• As a group company is registered as an Approved Training Employer with BICA your time with us will count towards the completion of your BICA Chartered Accountant Qualification
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Must be a Botswana citizen.
• Fully qualified BICA Chartered Accountant or must be studying towards obtaining the BICA Chartered Accountant Qualification and have at least completed the Professional Stage of this qualification.
• Must have at least 2 to 3 years work experience in either an audit or commercial environment.
• Should be able to demonstrate leadership skills, confident, pro-active, possess the ability to communicate effectively at a senior management level and with people from diverse backgrounds, adhere to deadlines, attention to detail, delivery orientated, ability to multitask in a challenging environment and take ownership and accountability for projects.