Independent Recruiter on July 15, 2020
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Contract Type: Contract
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
Salary: Market Related Salary
VMware infrastructure is one of the best support which provides a rich set of virtual networking elements. They need to have a thorough knowledge of VMware ESX and related technologies. Out of several other roles, the standard job responsibilities are as follows:
• To design, install, and administer virtualization products.
• Regular support of VMware and windows environment by resolving the escalated tickets for the internal and external customer.
• Identify and implement the rectified operational issues.
Technical responsibilities of an Engineer includes to build and administer multiple VMware products.
VMware Engineers are in charge of managing and maintaining the VMware infrastructure. The Engineers are involved in a team environment with a cluster of Systems Engineers. They frequently collaborate and make efforts with engineers from both the Network engineering and the operations Support Center-OSC, department to help a range of customer environments across multiple data centers.
VMware Engineers in this domain has strong technical acumen with a deep knowledge of the fundamentals of VMware.
VMware offers three different categories of desktop software:
• VMware workstation: used to install and run multiple copies of the similar operating system on a single machine.
• VMware fusion: designed for Mac users for extra compatibility.
• VMware player: VMware introduced this as freeware only for personal, unlicensed.