SAP Business Objects Specialist
Independent Recruiter on August 22, 2019
Job Type: Full Time
Job Category: Information Technology
Contract Type: Permanent
Bellville, Western Cape, South Africa
Salary: R45,000 - R50,000 pm cost to company
The SAP Business Objects Administrator/Specialist will consult and provide technical solutions to meet the requirements, improve system performance and address chronic issues.
• 3-5 years Business Objects Administration experience
• Hands-on experience of the entire Business Objects stack of products - Webi, Lumira, Analysis for Office, Analysis for OLAP including installation, troubleshooting, upgrade, configuration, and maintenance of SAP Business Objects environments and all relevant components.
• Strong Knowledge of Clustering in a LINUX environment fail over and Maintenance
• Understanding of Standards, Best Practices, procedures & Key Metrics to enhance operational & Platform Stability.
• Performance Tuning Experience
• Understanding of Multi tenancy
• Proficient in SQL & MDX (Critical)
• Exposure to SAP HANA
• Must be able to work with Architects, BI developers and end users
• General familiarity with Financial institutions
• Grade 12
• Information Technology Qualification
• Business Objects (BOBJ) Admin Certification (recommended)
Interpret business requirements for technical design
• Capture business requirements into technical spec design
• Manage Business Objects Tenants(clients) – standards and principles
• Maintain Business Objects 4.x platform in a LINUX environment
• Execute collateral tasks (data preparation / universe design, SQL programming, deployment, etc.
• Collaborate with architects, system administrators and developers to implement reporting platform
• Support authentication requirements and monitoring reports and users
• Make business aware of what is available in the SAP Market place
• Evaluate Business Objects releases and new product features
• Collaborate with infrastructure services (GTI) regarding performance and other production issues in order for performance tuning to be done
• Set up connections/integrating Business Objects with other environments, e.g. SAP HANA, SAP Financials, DB2, SQL Server etc.